- File Photo: Kirkland Signature Beef Dinner Franks - October 14, 2021
- Costco Bratwurst – Kirkland Signature Brats (sausages) - September 29, 2021
- Costco Combination Pizza and Onion Connection Theory - September 24, 2021
Costco carries 2 pancake mixes.
- Coach’s Oats – MultiGrain Pancake Mix
4 pound – $7.79 $1.95 per pound
Fancy grains, need to mix egg & water.
- Krusteaz – Buttermilk
10 pound – $5.49 $0.55 per pound
Regular mix (still very good) – just add water.
- Syrup used – Kirkland Signature Maple Syrup – $19.79
2 pancake mixes from Costco
I didn’t know which pancake mix to purchase, so I got them both. But I had a higher expectation on the expensive yet smaller pancake mix by Coach’s Oats. Per pound, the MultiGrain Pancake Mix was 4 times more expensive than Buttermilk.
Krusteaz Buttermilk (cheaper, bigger one) has a classic pancake house taste. This is a solid, good pancake mix.
Coach’s Multigrain Pancake mix is different. You may find this too fancy for your taste. I can tell this pancake mix is a high class with a lot of grain. It’s grainy and breaks down easily. This doesn’t have that classic taste. It’s a very good pancake mix. It’s richer and fancier compared to Buttermilk. But if you crave that classic pancake-house taste, this is not for you.
Personally, I am happy I got them both. My next purchase will be the Krusteaz. I like the price, taste, and that it doesn’t require an egg to prepare.