I have been complaining about my socks for several years now.
- I have many different colored socks. It’s been a big hassle to match up the socks after laundry. If all my black socks are identical, that will eliminate the hassle.
- It is not financially smart to have socks in different designs. If one of my socks is damaged, I’ll have to trash the matching pair for that sock. If I have 30 pairs of identical socks, I only trash the damaged sock.
- Some socks feel OK, but some socks are uncomfortable. I would like all my socks to feel consistent (good).
- Most of my socks are old and ugly.
- When I wear tan pents or blue jeans, I would like my socks to match color.
- Men’s "general size" socks are too big for my feet. Most socks are made for size 12 shoe size. If you wear size 9-10 shoes, you will find "general size" socks too big.
- Men’s custom size socks are very expensive, like $20.00+ a pair (?).
So, this is what I did:
Today, I brought my female friend to Costco. She has exact same size feet as mine.
She went to Costco barefoot, wearing sandals.
We went to the lady’s underwear section where Calvin Klein socks were at. I found a pack of socks that was opened (somebody must have tried it on already). She tried the socks – it was a perfect fit for her.
So, I bought 9 packs (36 pairs total, $89.91+ tax = $97.78).
As always, $97.78 seems a lot of money for socks. But, they are quality socks at $2.50/pair. And I may not buy another colored socks for 10 years (as long as I keep trimming my big toe nails). I believe it was a smart shopping. For example, Longs Drugs sells really ugly, cheap socks for $5/pair.
As we were checking out, a lady behind us said "Those are a lot of socks".
My friend was keep saying "You wear girls’ socks, GIRLS~!!"
I like these socks. They look just like men’s dress socks, except they fit me well.
Oh, and they happened to be Calvin Klein.
I will rotate these socks about 5-7 times a year (I will wear the same socks 5-7 times a year). So, they will last many years.
I also wear white socks. I have about 40 pairs of white socks, and they need to be replaced as well. (coming up)
I also need some brown socks.