- Costco Shopping – November 15, 2020 - November 23, 2020
- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, December 2020 - November 18, 2020
- I quit Hulu Live TV - November 16, 2020
25th Costco Shopping in 2020 – $147.87 today / $1,821.66 this year
I took a sick day from work so I could go to Costco first thing Friday morning when it’s not busy. Sick day was justifiable because I got 2 vaccines today, shingles and flu.
Costco Vaccination Process
Before going to Costco, I visited Costco’s immunization page and downloaded immunization consent form. They wanted 2 copies so I printed 4 and put them in my briefcase. I didn’t make an appointment, but I went to Costco pharmacy at 9:15 AM (unofficial opening hour). There was nobody in the line. The process was smooth and pleasant.
- A gentleman greeted me at the “Patience Counseling” window. I gave him my immunization consent form.
- I filled out a short questionnaire to declare I was not sick.
- He checked my insurance card and settled the payment. ($29.53 total).
- He checked temperature off my forehead.
- I was told to wait 15 minutes and go to the pick up window
- At the pick up window, I paid $29.53 with my HSA debit card.
- Flu shot was free, shingles shot was $29.53. Your cost of the shots may be different.
- When I inserted my HSA card to the machine, it asked for the pass code. But, my HSA card doesn’t have a pass code. So, I hit enter without any number. The transaction was completed without any issue.
- HSA account is only available to those with high deductible health plan.
- I walked around to the side door and waited. 4-5 more customers came after me to wait. Several minutes later, I was called in for the shots, one on each shoulder. They were not painful.
- It was the next day I started to feel miserable. But not too bad.
Christmas in Costco
I enjoy looking for the first sign of Christmas in Costco. It usually starts with small toys or little decorations. Then they bring out big items a few weeks later. But, it’s late September. After parking my car, from the parking lot, I could see three Christmas trees inside the warehouse. It looked beautiful. But, I missed out on the joy of seeing the first sign of Christmas in Costco.
As I do every year, I took pictures of Christmas decorations and sent them to several friends. As always, they texted me back with “Already?” “Too soon” and “Yikes” – They knew I was loving it.
European cookies are back for the season (picture below). These cookies are part of my life. I have never ran out of these cookies for over 10 years. Every year I buy a few cans of these cookies and freeze them. I enjoy them every weekend with coffee.
I saw a cool Halloween decoration and an interesting kitchen item (pictures below).
I spent over 2 hours inside Costco warehouse. Members only savings saved $15.80.
One Rotisserie chicken, a hand sanitizer, and Whisps chips are for my friend who can use a cheer up gift.
Strawberries were just OK (not bad). It was about 7 out of 10 on taste scale.
I came home, took a shower, put away food, vacuum packed rotisserie chickens, and made chicken stock with the bones. I finally had time to rest around 3pm. I was very tired (don’t get old). It’s a lot of work to live alone and do everything alone.
I guess my next Costco shopping is when I get a Thanksgiving turkey. This year’s turkey will be epic. -E-P-I-C-
We survived 6 months of pandemic. Perhaps we repeat this a few more times. God bless everyone. Please take care.