- Turkey Video – Thanksgiving 2023 - December 6, 2023
- hulu for 99¢ a month – 10 months or less for me - November 28, 2023
- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, December 2023 - November 19, 2023
25th Costco Shopping in 2020 – $147.87 today / $1,821.66 this year
I took a sick day from work so I could go to Costco first thing Friday morning when it’s not busy. Sick day was justifiable because I got 2 vaccines today, shingles and flu.
Costco Vaccination Process
Before going to Costco, I visited Costco’s immunization page and downloaded immunization consent form. They wanted 2 copies. I didn’t make an appointment, but I went to Costco pharmacy at 9:15 AM (unofficial opening hour). There was nobody in the line. The process was smooth.
- A gentleman greeted me at the “Patience Counseling” window. I gave him my immunization consent form.
- I filled out a short questionnaire to declare I was not sick.
- He checked my insurance card and settled the payment. ($29.53 total).
- He checked the temperature off my forehead.
- I was told to wait 15 minutes and go to the pickup window
- At the pickup window, I paid $29.53 with my HSA debit card.
- Afterthought – I was stupid to use HSA card. HSA account earns high interest, just like 401k. I should grow my HSA account until I retire. I will pay all my medical expenses with cash if I can.
- Several minutes later, my name was called.
Christmas in Costco
I enjoy looking for the first sign of Christmas in Costco.
As I do every year, I took pictures of Christmas decorations and sent them to several friends. As always, they texted me back with “Already?” “Too soon” and “Yikes” – They knew I was loving it.
European cookies are back for the season. These cookies are part of my life. I have never run out of these cookies for over 10 years. Every year I buy a few cans of these cookies and freeze them. I enjoy them every weekend with coffee.
I saw a cool Halloween decoration and an interesting kitchen item (pictures below).
I spent over 2 hours inside Costco warehouse. Members only savings saved $15.80.
One Rotisserie chicken, a hand sanitizer, and Whisps chips are for my friend who can use a cheer up gift.
Strawberries were just OK (not bad). It was about 7 out of 10 on taste scale.
I came home, took a shower, put away food, vacuum-packed rotisserie chickens, and made chicken stock with the bones. I finally had time to rest around 3 pm. I was exhausted (don’t get old). It’s a lot of work to live alone and do everything alone.
I guess my next Costco shopping is when I get a Thanksgiving turkey. This year’s turkey will be epic. -E-P-I-C-
We survived 6 months of pandemic. Perhaps we repeat this a few more times. God bless everyone. Please take care.