Costco.com Access Denied

Home Forums Costco.com Access Denied

This topic contains 22 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tk1955 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

mariocantor
    Participant

Hi there. I am a Costco fan, but when I go to Colombia the access to costco.com is banned, somebody  knows what to do?

I already tryed:

1-  clear all cookies and cache from my laptop.

2. Change ISP (Internet Service Provider)

3. I try in different Pcs..

But still this error show up

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.costco.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.4024a17.1436436698.2f6993fd

john

This is a tough question. It can be from any number of reasons.

Here is one possibility

Colombia has "Price Smart".  Price Smart is just like Costco and those two entities share some kind of history.  Maybe that's why Costco website is completely blocked from Colombia.

I don't know…

According to your error message, your server does not have permission to access Costco website.  So, possibly, Costco blocked your server from accessing their website.  Maybe Colombia government put a block for some reason.

Maybe Costco put a block on your area for some reason.

Try public WIFI and other internet access.  Maybe you will see same permission error no matter where you go (inside Colombia).

Maybe you live close to hackers and spammers that your server is blocked by Costco.

So many possibilities.

Good luck.

roger

I’m experiencing the same thing here in Taiwan. What I’m thinking is Costco has locations in Taiwan as well, but the price of products is typically 20~30% higher. I think Costco itself may have blocked the access to avoid price checking.

Charles

I have the same problem from my computers and i am in Kansas. Why do i get the same message and reference #18.52b0e6b.1446046216.bfd012b??? I tried Internet Explorer and Chrome but same results.

john

Sorry to hear that.  My only guess is that your server's IP is blocked for some reason. 

I can be wrong.

Andy

Same situation in Poland, message says
    Access Denied

You don’t have permission to access “http://www.costco.com/” on this server.
    Reference #18.3e8e7b5c.1449930607.a18399e

Same situation in Belgium : Access Denied

Reference #18.6b0fdd58.1450094050.3bbad4

Mai

Reference #18.28761b3a.1452739776.43714e71

It’s weird! I want to buy something.

david

Guess they don’t want your business, nor mine as I get the same error message!

VK

Same for me for several weeks. I cannot shop online at all.
    Tried all the fixes I know buy still does not allow access.

glen rose

Same for me here in Vietnam. Has anyone written to the contact page on the Costco site who can get on? They need to know about it. They are losing business

GillesC

Same thing from Haiti. I suspect this is a corporate decision. It would be nice to get their side of the story.

Lena

They must have very cheap programers!

Jamal

Access Denied
    Netherlands

Same in the Netherlands…. Why would they block us??

Tech Friend

It’s not uncommon, especially when it comes to access from outside of the country. Sometimes it’s legally required, e.g. copyright or distribution issues. The only workaround is using a VPN in the same region, but sometimes that’s even detected. Hope this information helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.