salad for luncheon

Home Forums salad for luncheon

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  john 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kathyathome
    Participant

Hello! I’m hostessing a lunch for about 30 people for mother-in-law’s 90th birthday. After hors d’oeuvres we will have quiche (the standard size from costco), a fruit plate, and salad. I would like recommendations for a salad that would look nice on someone’s plate next to quiche. I’d like to get it by the pound in the deli section. Do they have a green bean or green pea salad that anyone would recommend? Or something else fairly colorful that you like? I don't have a costco membership but will have my sister-in-law with me, and she has one.

I know there have been good comments about their packaged caesar salad mix, and I might use that, but I would like to hear options from the deli.

Thanks for recommendations for things you have actually tried and liked!

john

I guess salad variety may be different depends on where you are.  I do not recall seeing any green bean or green pea salad.  I paid attention today at Costco.  I pretended I am looking for salad for my own party of 30 guests.  Below is what I found.

*I didn’t take notes on the names and prices of them.

** I just remembered.  There are 1 or 2 salad kits at vegetable section.  But they are not as fancy as below items.

Standard party tray

Fruits

This Souplantaion salad kit

This is also interesting.

This below Quinoa salad comes in small containers & it’s expensive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.