- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, May 2023 - May 9, 2023
- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, April 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, March 2023 - March 4, 2023
I don’t always wear fragrances. I only wear fragrance when I’m home alone or when I go to bed. Sometimes I burn a scented candle. I rarely wear fragrances outside. I never wear fragrances with other people in mind. When it comes to attracting the opposite sex, I believe the smell is at the bottom of the list. For example, women will always go for unscented Brad Pitt over heavily scented Danny DeVito. In fact, Danny DeVito will get more women if he doesn’t reek Sauvage.
All my deodorant, after-shave, and body lotion are unscented. I cannot stand perfume on women, but I get a kick out of the natural scent of women’s skin. Smelling other men’s colognes is the worst. It makes me gag.
So, I refuse to be that guy with heavy cologne.
I believe the fragrance is like music. A few people around me may like to hear my music, but most people would rather not hear it, especially at work. I believe that’s how it works with fragrances. For one person who compliments my smell, there will be many other people who wish I would leave the place and take the smell with me. Leaving my smell behind when I leave the conference room would be one of the worst offenses to commit at work. My employer routinely sends out company-wide emails asking us to tone down on personal fragrances.
- I have enough fragrances to last my lifetime. I may buy a few more fragrances for fun. Besides that, I don’t care about fragrances. They look pretty in my closet, and they are there when I feel like wearing them.
- I think the only time it’s OK to wear fragrances in public is when I go out to dance. Still, I would wear a little amount. FYI: I have not gone out to dance since the early 90s. My God, I used to attract gay men like I was on flame.
- There are personality, God-given looks, toned body, special talent, wealth, fame &, etc…that might attract other people. The “smell” is at the bottom of the list that often works against you. Not many people would like to hang out with a guy with heavy cologne.
- All of my collections are cheap, except for one bottle (MFK Oud Silk Mood).
- Yes, my expensive bottle smells the best. Cheap ones smell cheap.
- I can get rid of 15 bottles of colognes right now and not miss them. I keep them because they look nice on the shelf.
- I have no shame in buying cheap colognes that smell like expensive name brand fragrances (clones). But, I will never buy counterfeit fragrances and join the circle of criminals.
- In the US, my boss can tell me to stop wearing fragrances and can fire me for it.
- In the US, wearing fragrances is banned at some workplaces.
I enjoy fragrances. But I refuse to be that guy with heavy cologne.
Smell you later.
2 thoughts on “I am not a cologne guy”
In an earlier post, you stated the amazing assertion that you actually enjoy the miserable feeling you get from getting up early and feeling groggy–what techniques do you use to achieve this incredible result. It would be wonderful to be able to “not suffer” during these awful periods of semi-wakefulness. Let us in on your secret.
Good morning. 🙂
Yes, I said that on my February 2021 blog.
I constantly remind myself to go to sleep early. It all starts with good sleep. This is my only method. If I go to bed late, You can stab me with a knife and I will still not get up.
I don’t have a secret to waking up early without difficulty. It is difficult getting up, but I don’t mind it because I enjoy my office work. Also, I am naturally positive. A lot of people suffer from depression and a lack of motivation. It’s not their fault. It’s a physical (medical) condition. So, I am lucky.
I feel miserable waking up in the morning, but I feel alive. I will go to work and showcase my skill, kiss ass, spread gossip… and they pay me big bucks. It’s just fun.
Also, I am getting old. Before I know it I will daydream about my younger days when I used to dress up and go to work. So, I try to enjoy it now.