Costco in News & Media
In chronoligical order (newest on top) - Please report broken links
- Costco comes to Maplewood - August 15, 2008
- Thousands jam Manteca (California) Costco - August 15, 2008
- Bigger is better at new Costco - August 13, 2008
- Costco down but not out - July 25, 2008
- Wage Against the Machine - Good Read - June 27, 2008
- New Costco Opens at London Square - June 23, 2008
- Costco to launch in Melbourne, Sydney to follow - June 23, 2008
- Fruit, meat, casket … all in a day’s shopping at Costco - June 8, 2008
- Drainage important for Costco site: PAC - June 6, 2008
- Costco Wholesale Corp. May sales rise higher than expected - June 6, 2008
- Costco Maintains Growth Despite Economy - May 30, 2008
- Costco opens in Stafford - May 29, 2008
- Costco Posts Profit Beat - May 29, 2008
- Costco Blends Low Costs With High Profits (COST) - May 29, 2008
As consumers clutch their wallets a little tighter, companies who can deliver the goods at cheaper prices have soared
- Microsoft Response Point Phone System Retails on Costco.com - May 28, 2008
VoIP phone system designed uniquely for the needs of small businesses is now available to purchase on Costco.com
- Costco and Wal-Mart Lead a Consumer Revolution - May 27, 2008
our ChangeWave consumer spending trends surveys have shown tremendous strength for Wal-Mart and Costco.
- Costco opens new location at Still Creek - May 24, 2008
Burnaby's second Costco has opened in Willingdon, celebrating its grand opening on Thursday. (Canada)
- Credit card rebate offers easy to miss - May 24, 2008
Here's a story about how Tom Lewinson missed out on $570.87 in rebates with his Costco Amex Platinum credit card. His wife Sharon missed on out $113.20 in rebates.
- CEO and founder visits the Abbotsford Costco - May 24, 2008
The silver-haired man sporting a checked white dress shirt open at the neck and a Costco name badge that simply says “Jim” turns to the crowd of executives following in his wake and says, “Just a moment, I just want to say hi to the guys in the tire shop.”
- Costco store gets closer - May 21, 2008
SAINT JOHN - It is not confirmed yet that Costco will build a big box store in the city, say representatives of East Point Shopping, but it is closer to getting there.
- Costco store opens in San Dimas today - May 15, 2005
Where can you find a beef jerky display 15 steps away from a necklace on sale for $111,000? The new Costco in San Dimas. Costco Wholesale Corp. will open its doors today at 520 N. Lone Hill Ave. following a 7:30 a.m. ribbon cutting.
- Commission unsatisfied by Costco plan - May 14, 2008
BROOKFIELD -- The Inland Wetlands Commission's public hearing on Costco's proposed move to Larson's Farm Market will continue June 9, after the retailer's representatives spent just over two hours Monday night addressing concerns from the commission and the public.
- Costco eyes site in medical district - May 14, 2008
Police station and use-value consideration still to be addressed.
Costco, the chain wholesaler that sells everything from buckets of ice cream to truck tires, is considering building a new store in the Illinois Medical District around 14th and Ashland. Costco already has one other location in Chicago, at Diversey and Elston.
- Jim Cramer's 'Stop Trading!': Buy Costco - May 12, 2008
Buy Costco (COST - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr), Jim Cramer said on CNBC's "Stop Trading" segment Monday.
- State fines Costco $40K - May 12, 2008
State air regulators fined Costco $40,200 for failing to report air pollution from diesel-fueled refrigerators at warehouses in Tracy and Mira Loma, the California Air Resources Board announced last week.
- Thriving while many other retailers struggle, Costco will open its first east-metro store - May 10, 2008
Larvel Bunker drives from her Como neighborhood in St. Paul twice a month to Costco Wholesale in St. Louis Park to stock up on groceries for her family of four. "We like their prices," she said. Soon, she'll be able to find a store much closer to home
- Costco fined over diesel reports - May 10, 2008
- Costco Loves Mom and the Recession - May 9, 2008
My mom loves Costco (Nasdaq: COST). She adores searching for good deals on bulk goods, DVDs, and other items, and she always offers to pick up anything I need while she's there, since the one closest to me is always so crowded. (Thanks, Mom!) But she may not realize is that Costco's a quality stock, too -- and a dividend payer, to boot!
- Costco April comps. Rise 8%; net sales up 12% - May 8, 2008
Costco Wholesale Corp. (COST: News, Chart, Quote ) on Thursday reported an 8% rise in its comparable sales for the month of April. For the four weeks ended May 4, 2008, the Issaquah, Washington-based warehouse club operator's total net sales grew 12% from the year-ago month.
- Safeco and Costco Partner to Offer Business Insurance in Test States - May 7, 2008
- Pocatello's Costco Breaks Ground - May 6, 2008
- Why do Costco employee's treat me great and Sam's employee's make feel like they want to assault me? - May 6, 2008
- Costco principal accounting officer exercises options - May 6, 2008
- Costco Wholesale Corp.'s shoppers are coming for the staples and shunning the sparkle - May 5, 2008
The warehouse-club operator sells bulk and discounted merchandise such as food, clothing and electronics. It even sells gasoline at some locations
- Abut the Costco Hearing Aid Warranty - May 4, 2008
You may not want to face it but there will come a time when your hearing will reduce its effectiveness. Hearing aids are to help you in such a time, at the same time, how can you be sure it will last?
- Costco may open new store in Saint John - May 3, 2008
SAINT JOHN - With several high-profile energy products underway or on the horizon, Saint John's retail shopping sector is playing catch up to Moncton.
- Costco eyes entry into cozy Australian market - March 20, 2008
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Costco Wholesale Corp (COST.O: Quote, Profile, Research), the No. 1 U.S. retail warehouse club, says it can bring a new level of competition to the Australian grocery market as it scouts out store locations in Melbourne and Sydney.
- These Costco Guys Are Going To Assemble Your Table No Matter What - April 29, 2008
- Costco Wholesale Corporation Announces an Increase in Its Quarterly Cash Dividend - April 29, 2008
- PhotoChannel Signs Contract With Costco USA to Deploy Online Photo Services - April 29, 2008
PhotoChannel Networks Inc., a leading innovator in online digital media solutions for retailers today, has signed a three year definitive agreement with Costco USA ("Costco") to provide and operate the Costco online photo service
- Costco, Sam's Club limit rice sales - April 24, 2008
In a move that brought back memories of World War II rationing for some shoppers, discount stores Costco and Sam's Club have limited rice sales to prevent hoarding. Still, some sold out on Thursday.
- Parenting upgrades - April 23, 2008
There are some things I take care of immediately: car insurance, student loans, PG&E, rent, and other bills. Medical and dental bills also get attention, but sadly, massages and other frills may not. However,
- Costco Wholesale Corporation Reports January Sales Results - Feb 07, 2008
Costco Wholesale Corporation ("Costco") (NASDAQ: COST) today reported net sales of $5.11 billion for the month of January, the four weeks ended February 3, 2008, an increase of 11 percent from $4.62 billion in the same four-week period last year.
- Why Costco is so addictive - Oct 25, 2006
A man who looks like Wilford Brimley moseys into the Costco warehouse store in the Seattle suburb of Issaquah, Wash., on a bright Columbus Day morning, easily blending into the throngs of shoppers picking up Cheerios, toilet paper and cashmere sweaters.