- Raffle: Mary’s Gone Crackers - November 27, 2020
- Costco Shopping – November 15, 2020 - November 23, 2020
- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, December 2020 - November 18, 2020
This blog post is for men who want to look like a gentleman. This post is about gentleman’s undershirt, especially while wearing white dress shirts.
Some of us understand the art of wearing undershirts. Some don’t.
Any man who claims that undershirts are bothersome do not understand the art of wearing undershirts. It’s nothing to brag about. It’s like saying “Jazz is boring”. It only proves that you don’t understand music. Ignorance is nothing to brag about. It doesn’t make you look cool but it does opposite. There is art of dressing up like a gentleman, and undershirt is a part of it.
Can you see what’s wrong with this picture?
The outline of his undershirt is embarrassing. Undershirts are important when you wear light colored shirts, shirts made out of thin fabric, or any shirts that are transparent.
Long time ago, a gentleman never took off his jacket in public. Because dress shirts were the undergarments. It will eliminate the need for undershirts if you never take off your jacket.
To get to the point (above picture)- he needs to replace all his white undershirts with skin colored undershirts. Color of your undershirt should match your skin color or come close to it. The goal is to make your undershirt invisible. You can achieve that by wearing skin colored undershirt. Unless they are looking very closely, your skin colored undershirts will be pretty much invisible to the others.
* Dress undershirts should be thin, stretchy, and should fit you tight. Dress undershirts are distinctively different than t-shirts that are made to wear outside
The most important reason for undershirt is to hide men’s nipples from showing through. I can only guess that women share the same priorities when they wear shirts that are transparent. Any other reasons, such as comfort, will be far less important. It is crucial for a man to prevent his nipples from showing through. “Showing through” also means having protruding nipples that people can see the shapes of your nipples from outside. They are absolutely disgusting to look at. Never, ever show a hint of nipples in professional environment.
** Some people put bandages over their nipples. Although I don’t practice that method, I can see how that can work for some people.
My closet, July 1, 2018
I own about a dozen undershirts, but none of them are white.
Why I wear undershirts.
- To hide nipples. This is usually an issue with white shirts. Colored shirts are usually safe.
- To keep my body warm. No matter how hot it is outside, a normal office is too cold for just a dress shirt. Sometimes, I put on or take off my undershirt at work as the office temperature changes.
- To keep my body fresh and dry. Without undershirt, some days my armpits would feel damp all day. Undershirts fix that unpleasant feeling. This is somewhat similar to reason why men wear underwear. It just feels better.
My closet, July 1, 2018
Every morning, when I pick out my clothes, I also plan my undershirt according to.
- On a cold day, I would wear a long sleeves undershirt.
- On a very hot day, I would wear a short sleeves undershirt with a colored dress shirt in thin fabric (poplin). I never wear white dress shirt on extreme hot days. Because all my white shirts are thick. Thin white shirts are too transparent. I would never buy thin white shirts.
- If I will be outdoor on a very hot day (California weather), I may not wear undershirt. I will wear a colored shirt.
- If I wear white dress shirt, I may wear sleeveless undershirt to eliminate sleeve outlines around upper arms.
- Skin colored undershirts are the best choice. But, I have number of gray colored undershirts, because they are cheaper. I wear gray undershirts under colored dress shirts.
- I cut all my undershirts around neck (front side only), so I can open top 2 buttons. Most deep v-neck undershirts are cut too deep, so I cut them on my own.
Finally, the bad news.
I don’t know why Hanes and Jockey do not sell skin colored undershirts. The only decent skin colored undershirts I like are over $30.00 each (all brands). I order my undershirts from Germany via Amazon. They are about $35.00 each. Gray undershirts are cheaper, but they are still about $14 each. Gray undershirts are better than whites.
I hope this was informative and enjoyable to some people.
Have a nice day. 🙂