Last year, I wore Santa hat for a full month until Christmas. I wore my Santa Hat out on Thanksgiving night. People said “Merry Christmas” to me on Thanksgiving night. Christmas 2010 was long and fun.
This year, I’ve only worn my Santa hat three times so far. We now only have 12 days left until Christmas. I haven’t done anything yet. This is sad. I didn’t plan for this.
So, I came up with plan B.
I shall go out and do something every night after work until Christmas. I will do mostly shopping. And I will go look at Christmas lights, take pictures, and etc… My goal is to enjoy Christmas spirit until I am physically tired and cannot take it any more.
Update: So far I am loving my 12 Days of Christmas Plan B. I feel very good. I feel strange that I go out like this alone. I am finally enjoying Christmas in the air. Anyway, I believe there is nothing like a Christmas in your own house with your own family. If you are single, you must be strong during the holiday season. Don’t get depressed. God bless single people.
Below is my mini blog
- December 25, 2011 (Sunday) – Merry Christmas! I woke up early and did my 3rd annual Coin up Laundry thing. I put coins in all machines (3 washers & 3 dryers) so whoever doing laundry will get free wash & dry. We have a lot of poor people living in here, that’s why I started this. I had a nice morning coffee. Now I shall make turkey…
- December 24, 2011 (Saturday) – I drove over 2 county lines for a family gathering. I played Christmas song with my acoustic guitar. My father took us to a seafood restaurant and said “Eat whatever you want.” When my father says that, you better go for expensive ones. No time to be polite.
- December 23, 2011 (Friday) – I came home early from work today. It is now officially Christmas weekend. Started my weekend by making a glass of margarita. I don’t drink much, so I had to sweeten the drink by mixing even more margarita mix.
- December 22, 2011 (Thursday) – I shot a nice video of Christmas Lane in my town.
- December 21, 2011 (Wednesday) – I went to World Market, Old Navy, & Bed Bath and Beyond. I took my time and enjoyed shopping. Then I went to Costco to eat possibly my last Costco hot dog of the year. I didn’t go inside Costco. Christmas is 3 days away. I am very distracted and happy. I cannot focus at work. I have a huge craving for turkey. I am glad I came up with Plan B.
- December 20, 2011 (Tuesday) – I am physically too tired to go out anymore. My original plan was to enjoy Christmas spirit until I physically cannot take it anymore, and I think I did just that. I stayed home after work. I think I am going to slow down. I am tired.
- December 19, 2011 (Monday) – I went to Gap and Levi’s to find a pair of black pants (for me), but I couldn’t find anything reasonably priced. I went to Smart and Final for turkey ingredients.
- December 18, 2011 (Sunday) – Stayed home all day. Tired.
- December 17, 2011 (Saturday) – I drove across county line to see my parents. I ate like a pig at Woodranch BBQ. Then we went to a wicked huge indoor shopping mall. Parking was tough and the whole place was packed. I enjoyed Christmas decoration everywhere. My father bought me a pair of Ecco shoes for Christmas (expensive). After I said goodbye to my parents, I drove to an outdoor shopping center. They had the biggest Christmas tree. I was out for 5 hours today. I am hungry again. It was a good time. I may stay home tomorrow. I want to rest.
- December 16, 2011 (Friday) – I went to Costco! I ate a hot dog and bought a fresh, 11 Pound turkey. That’s right. I am going to bake another turkey this Christmas. After Costco shopping I went to look at Christmas lights. I stopped by at the park for 15 minutes and shot this video. Then I drove to the street that’s famous for Christmas lights. 3 hours flew by. I played Christmas CD in my car. I feel more like Christmas now. I am glad I am forcing myself out. I also went to Urban Home & Wal*Mart. I planned to go to Bed Bad and Beyond and World Market but I ran out of time.
- December 15, 2011 (Thursday) – Today I walked around until my legs got tired. I went to Michaels. And, I was shocked to find out that they didn’t have Lemax Village Collections this year. I was hoping to check out their miniature village. Then I went to 99 Cents Only Store and saw something sad that I almost cried. A young father and his son walked in. The father grabbed a frozen TV dinner, handed it to his son, and said “Yeah, this is good enough. This will do. Come on, let’s go”. He couldn’t even buy his son a value meal at Wendy’s across the parking lot. It was painful (I don’t even have a kid of my own to fully understand that pain.).
- December 14, 2011 – (Wednesday) – Tonight I went to Ross, Target, Home Depot, and Pier 1 Import. Christmas music was everywhere. I had my Santa hat on. Stores were not as busy as I expected. I bought this fat guy for myself at Ross (picture). Pier 1 Import was a dream-land. I believe Pier 1 was made for Christmas. I bought dill seeds at Home Depot, and planted 2 seeds in my basil pot. I ate Del Taco for dinner.
* I already start to feel kind of sad that I’m doing this alone.
- December 13, 2011 (Tuesday) – I want to Calvin Klein store and bought 2 shirts for my father. With 45% off, they were still $80.00. I also went to Jockey & Hanes store to look for my underwear. Christmas music was everywhere. Sales signs and smell of stores really made me feel like Christmas. Later, I treated myself with a Six Dollar Western Bacon Cheese Burger Combo at Carl’s Jr. Yes, I used a coupon.