I am Sorry Costco. We love you, but this topic is not going away.
140+ Comments and counting...
You've asked for it: There is a Toilet Paper that could beat Costco toilet papers in both quality and price. // IMPORTANT: This deal goes on and off. Price goes up and down. Make sure to double check price before buying ($22.63 & Eligible for Free Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25)
*People are not happy with Costco's new toilet papers (I still think they are the best deal). Read comments.
There has been big changes on Costco (Kirkland Signature) toilet papers.
- Old Costco toilet papers came in packages of 36 rolls. The new package contains 30 rolls.
- Old Costco toilet papers were individually wrapped. The new Costco toilet papers are packaged as 6 pack.
- New Costco toilet papers are supposed to be softer and thicker. I do believe they are slightly softer and thicker. I am beginning to wonder if they are not as strong, which can be a problem.
- Old Costco toilet papers were $17.99 for 36 rolls - this comes out to be $.50 each roll ($0.499722222) - this is a very good price.
- New Costco toilet papers are $14.99 for 30 rolls - this comes out to be $.50 each roll ($0.499666666). So, per roll price was not changed.
- New rolls of toilet papers are too large (fat) for toilet paper holder.
People are not happy about the changes. If there are better toilet papers (better deal) I would like to know, so please leave me a note.
Old Costco (Kirkland Signature) Toilet Papers packaging
Image from past blog - July 25, 2012
New Costco toilet papers in 6 pack in the middle.
Older, single packages also shown.
Newer Costco toilet paper is visibly larger and darker in color.
Older Costco toilet paper is on the right. (smaller and brighter)
I wanted to shoot a demonstration video by using peanut butter as sample prop. Then I decided not to do that due to the fact that a lot of people may find it distasteful.