Hi, I am John. Thank you for visiting.
- I created this website in 2008 – and I never stopped blogging.
- I live in California, 10 miles away from the ocean.
- I am a single, straight male. I live alone.
- I was poor all my life.
- Some of my visitors remember when I used to be poor and happy. I have so many pleasant memories from the time I was poor. Being poor was not bad. Back then, going to Costco every Friday was such a joy.
- I am financially better now, but I am not rich. I became a homeowner in 2012.
- I am worried that my pictures will trick you to think that I am rich, or you may think I am arrogant. But they are only pictures. I have a degree in Photography. Don’t let pictures fool you. The rest of my house is a mess.
- I want you to know that my root is humble. I am still not comfortable talking about my improved financial situation. I am the same guy from 10 years ago. I enjoy value meals at Wendy’s, I still shop at 99 Cents Only Stores, I can sleep on the hardwood floor, etc…
- I am not young. I work with co-workers 15-20 yrs younger than I am.
- I have a certificate for solving Rubik’s Cube in 60 seconds (from the 80s)
- I worked for UPS for 2 years (a long time ago).
- I was a Bible school teacher for 2 years (a long time ago).
- I enjoy going to garage sales. I never miss a Saturday morning. (I haven’t been to a garage sale since the pandemic started)
- Photography and computer are the specialties that I perform at the professional level. They are also my hobby.
- I have an AS degree in photography. I photographed hundreds of weddings.
- For my blog, I use a point-and-shoot camera and iPhone.
- I also have a BS degree in Computer. Currently, I work for a large company as a web developer.
- And finally: If you have Airbnb and have some free time to spend with me, please contact me from here. I would like to experience how people live ordinary, boring, everyday life outside of California. I can help you with chores such as moving furniture, cleaning the rain gutter, feeding animals, harvesting crops, taking your family pictures, helping you with computers, serving customers, walking dogs, going to Costco…
I’m just a normal guy who makes a fair amount of mistakes. Please don’t take things personally. Correct me when I make a mistake.
God bless everyone.