Hi, I am John. Thank you for visiting.
- I created this website in 2008 – and I never stopped blogging.
- This website is my hobby. I don’t make money from it. Costco is one of my favorite topics, so I talk about Costco often.
- I try to represent single people living alone.
- I was poor all my life until 2012.
- Some of my visitors remember when I used to be poor and happy. I have so many pleasant memories from the time I was poor. Being poor was not bad. Back then, going to Costco every Friday was such a joy.
- I am financially better now, but not wealthy. I became a homeowner in 2012 and moved out of the government-subsidized apartment.
- I am worried that my pictures will trick you to think that I’m rich, or you may think I am arrogant. But they are only pictures. Don’t let pictures fool you.
- I want you to know that my root is humble. I am still not comfortable talking about my improved financial situation. But I am the same guy from 10 years ago. I enjoy value meals at Wendy’s, and I can sleep on the floor.
- My website has a hidden agenda about photography – that anyone can enjoy photography with a cheap camera or a smartphone. You don’t need an attitude and/or color your hair to be a photographer.
- I live in Southern California.
- I am a single, straight male. I live alone.
- I am not young. I work with co-workers 15-20 yrs younger than I am.
- I worked for UPS for 2 years (a long time ago). I was a sorter. I used to remember hundreds of zip codes.
- I enjoy going to garage sales. I never miss a Saturday morning. (except during the pandemic)
- Photography and computer are the specialties that I perform at the professional level. They are also my hobby. I also have an accounting background.
- My third hobby is the guitar, but I am terrible at it. I cannot play a single song from start to end. I only play some simple parts of the songs I like.
- I have an AS degree in photography. I photographed hundreds of weddings and events. I have met some celebrities as well. Once my picture was published in Billboard Magazine.
- For my blog, I use a point-and-shoot camera and a smartphone.
- I also have a BS degree in Computer. Currently, I work for a large company as a web developer.
- And finally: If you have Airbnb and have some free time to spend with me, please contact me from here. I would like to experience how people live an ordinary, boring, everyday life outside of California. I can help you with chores such as moving furniture, cleaning the rain gutter, feeding animals, harvesting crops, taking your family pictures, helping you with computers, creating your own website, serving customers, walking dogs, going to Costco…
I’m just a normal guy who makes a fair amount of mistakes. Please don’t take things personally. Correct me when I make a mistake.
God bless everyone.