- CNBC: How Costco Became A Massive “Members Only” Retailer - September 21, 2020
- Costco Shopping – September 18, 2020 - September 18, 2020
- Costco Shopping – September 16, 2020 - September 16, 2020
My normal body weight is 158 – 159 lb. I wish I was little lighter, but I am stuck at 158 lb. Beginning of the pandemic lock-down, I started to eat a lot of comfort food. Combined with sedentary life style, I gained solid 6 pounds and hit 164 lb in 4 month. I felt discouraged that I couldn’t shake off the weight. That’s when I ordered trunature CLA from Costco website. It’s currently on sale for $19.99 with free shipping (sale ends 9/22/2020). Costco’s regular price of $24.99 is still the lowest price. They are website only products.
The bottle contains 180 softgels, making it a 45 day supply (take 2 with breakfast & 2 with dinner). I just finished a bottle. Below is my review.
- Day 1 – I took 2 pills in the morning and became jittery. My heart was pounding hard for several hours. So, I didn’t take the dinner dose.
- Day 2 – I took the morning dose, and became jittery again. So, I skipped the dinner dose for the second time.
- Day 3 – I was no longer jittery. I felt almost normal now. I finally started to take recommended dose (2 with breakfast & 2 with dinner).
- Day 4 to day 46.
- I started to lose weight slowly but steadily – I currently weigh around 158 lb – which is exactly my pre-pandemic weight.
- I didn’t work out. but I am slightly more motivated and more active. For example…
- I washed my car 3 times and fixed sprinkler valves.
- When I saw my cable TV bill going up, I called the cable company right away and negotiated for better price. When they declined my request, cancelled cable TV.
- I created a 4 month long personal finance challenge by contributing 50% of my income into 401k for the rest of the year.
- As usual, I constantly have craving for snacks and big meals. But, lately, I find myself fighting back the craving time to time.
- I do think I am more motivated compared to before.
- It seems that jittery feeling still remains, but it’s very subtle that I don’t notice it. And I am being more active because of CLA high. Therefore CLA gives me energy. Does that mean CLA works?
More questions than answers
After finishing 45 day supply of trunature CLA, I currently weight between 157-158 lb. I definitely lost minimum of 6 pounds in 45 days. But, I am left with more questions.
- Did I lose weight because of CLA?
- Did I lose weight because I was psyched up about losing weight (placebo effect)? Could I have lost weight without CLA pills? That all I needed was to want it?
- I lost 6 pounds, which is the exact amount I gained during the pandemic. That number “6” seems too ironic. Maybe it’s easy to lose weight I gained very recently. My body is use to be at 158 lb. So, with a little nudge, I went back to my normal weight right away. (?)
- On the other hand, a lot of people are gaining weight due to pandemic lock-down. I’ve been sedentary for 6 months and gained weight as well. But, I am back at my usual body weight. Maybe that’s a big deal.
Answer to all the questions
Luckily, I am able to find answers to all my questions. I just have to continue taking CLA and see if I make any more progress. I am now taking a different CLA product named AbCuts Enhanced Belly Fat Formula, also from Costco.
The name “Bally Fat Formula” sounds phony and shady. You cannot burn fat on targeted areas of your body. It’s a stupid name if you ask me. Anyway, they are from Costco, so I am giving it a chance. If they work, then who cares about the name?
I’ve been 157-158 pounds for 10+ years, possibly 20+ years. If I lose another 3-4 pounds in next 45 days (155 lb or under) that will be an amazing result.
I will update you in November 2020.
Costco sells CLA products. They are available only on the Costco web site, and they always have the best price usually with free delivery. Check it out, and good luck.