- File Photo: Kirkland Signature Beef Dinner Franks - October 14, 2021
- Costco Bratwurst – Kirkland Signature Brats (sausages) - September 29, 2021
- Costco Combination Pizza and Onion Connection Theory - September 24, 2021
I get a craving for pizza once in a while. I would like to enjoy pizza late Saturday night, or when I’m home alone feeling cozy. But, I live alone, so I need a little planning to enjoy pizza.
Pizza is family-oriented food. Going to a pizza restaurant alone is not only depressing, but it’s too expensive. I don’t want to have a pizza delivered to my house and ended up with a massive amount of leftover. That’s also too expensive. In both cases, just a tip alone will buy me 2-3 slices of Costco pizza.
So, this is what I do. I buy Costco’s Take and Bake pizza, slice them up, and freeze them. They last many months in the freezer. I enjoy pizza whenever I have a craving for it, and they will cost me $1.50 each slice. I can top it off with whatever I want. Since I enjoy my kitchen, baking pizza when I’m home alone is an absolute joy. It’s the most economical way for a single person to enjoy a good pizza.
Preparing Costco pizza for the long term, single serving, storage
- Take pepperoni off the pizza
- Cut pizza into 6 slices
- Put pepperonis back on (6 slices each)
- Wrap each slice with Kirkland Signature Stretch-Tite Plastic Food Wrap.
- Put them in Ziploc freezer bags.
** Costco’s take and bake pepperoni pizza has 36 slices of pepperoni
I broke my pizza cutter and I may never buy another pizza cutter again. I cut pizza maybe once a year. And there are plenty of people, including professionals, using kitchen shears to cut pizza.