- Everything Bagel Seasoning - June 18, 2021
- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, June-Jly 2021 - June 12, 2021
- Costco Shopping – June 9, 2021 - June 9, 2021
It came to me as a great shock that laundry detergents lose effectiveness sooner than I thought.
This subject wouldn’t matter if you have a full-size family. But it’s a different story if you live alone. In my case, a large jug of fabric softer can easily last 3 years or longer. So, I did some more research and learned that many products will lose effectiveness sooner than I imagined. Below, I listed some of the products and how long they are good for.
- Laundry detergent (6-12 months).
- Dishwasher detergent (6-12 months).
- Liquid dish soap (12-18 months).
- Bleach (6-12 months)
- liquid fabric softener (6-12 months)
- Lysol (2 years)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (30 days – 6 months)
- Disinfectant wipes (1-2 years depends on products)
- Window Cleaner (2 years)
- Furniture polish (about 2 years)
- Shampoo/Conditioner (12 – 18 months)
- Body lotion (1 – 3 years)
FYI: Chemicals in dried powder form would last longer compared to its liquid counterparts.
I was clueless. How come nobody told me this? I felt so stupid… all these years… I thought these products lasted 5 – 10 years easily,
Maybe a lot of single men out-there didn’t have this information as well. So, here it is. If you live alone, buy your liquid chemicals in small units.