- Everything Bagel Seasoning - June 18, 2021
- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, June-Jly 2021 - June 12, 2021
- Costco Shopping – June 9, 2021 - June 9, 2021
I don’t always wear fragrances. I only wear fragrance when I’m home alone or when I go to bed. Sometimes I burn a scented candle. I rarely wear fragrances outside. I never wear fragrances with other people in mind. When it comes to attracting the opposite sex, I believe the smell is at the bottom of the list. For example, women will always go for unscented Brad Pitt over heavily scented Danny DeVito. In fact, Danny DeVito will get more women if he doesn’t reek Sauvage.
All my deodorant, after-shave, and body lotion are unscented. I cannot stand perfume on women, but I get a kick out of the natural scent of women’s skin. Smelling other men’s colognes is the worst. It makes me gag.
So, I refuse to be that guy with heavy cologne.
I believe the fragrance is like music. A few people around me may like to hear my music, but most people would rather not hear it, especially at work. I believe that’s how it works with fragrances. For one person who compliments my smell, there will be many other people who wish I would leave the place and take the smell with me. Leaving my smell behind when I leave the conference room would be one of the worst offenses to commit at work. My employer routinely sends out company-wide emails asking us to tone down on personal fragrances.
- I have enough fragrances to last my lifetime. I may buy a few more fragrances for fun. Besides that, I don’t think about fragrances. They look pretty in my closet, and they are there when I feel like wearing them.
- I think the only time it’s OK to wear fragrances in public is when I go out to dance. Still, I would wear a little amount. FYI: I have not gone out to dance since the early 90s. My God, I used to attract gay men like I was on flame.
- There is personality, God-given looks, toned body, special talent, wealth, fame &, etc…that might attract other people. The “smell” is at the bottom of the list that often works against you. Not many people would like to hang out with a guy with heavy cologne.
- It is true, expensive colognes obviously smell better. Most of my collection is cheap. I can trash 15 bottles right now and not miss them. I keep them because they look nice on the shelf.
- In the US, my boss can tell me to stop wearing fragrances and can fire me for it.
- In the US, wearing fragrances is banned at some workplaces.
I enjoy fragrances. But I refuse to be that guy with heavy cologne.
Smell you later.