- Costco Coupons, Member-Only Savings, March 2023 - March 4, 2023
- Costco Shopping – February 10, 2023 - February 10, 2023
- Last Chance to order Valentine’s Day Flowers - January 31, 2023
One of my favorite purchases from Costco is the Vitamix blender. I believe my Vitamix blender keeps me fit and healthy. Ultimately, Vitamix contributes to a happier life. I highly recommend Vitamix blender to everyone. It doesn’t have to be Vitamix. But everyone should have some kind of powerful blender and use it every day. I am no doctor. I cannot explain this scientifically. But a vegetable juice has to be better than a bowl of cereal. There has to be a tremendous positive long-term effect from a daily diet of vegetable juice.
I don’t claim that the Vitamix blender changed my life. I am healthy because of how I make decisions in my life. Vitamix was one of the decisions I made.
Before Vitamix, I used to juice for 7-8 years. Then, in January 2012, I switched to Vitamix blender. For almost 9 years, I’ve been using a Vitamix blender twice a day. I make a juice in the morning and another one after work. I rarely skip my routine. I estimate I ran my Vitamix blender for at least 8000 minutes (= 133 hours = 5.5 Days).
Last week, I was making my Vitamix juice as usual. But, this time, the blender made a strange noise, and I saw smoke coming out from the blade assembly (gear). I quickly turned off the machine.
And I went for my backup container. Yes, I had a backup container already.
How to keep Vitamix container clean
Vitamix blender containers are made out of plastic, not glass, for a safety reason. Vitamix is super powerful. If the blade mechanism fails, it could shatter the glass container. Then horrible things can happen, including a lawsuit. So they are made out of plastic, and these plastic containers will get stained easily. Once they are stained, there is no getting it out.
This is how I will keep my Vitamix container clean
- I will wash & dry the container soon after each use.
- I will never air dry my Vitamix container.
- After each use, I will run the blender with clean water for 5 seconds.
- I will clean the container gently with a non-scratch sponge. I will absolutely avoid an abrasive sponge that will scratch the container instantly and permanently.
- I will use a micro-fiber towel to completely wipe dry the container.
2 thoughts on “Vitamix Container”
Hey John. Thought you and your readers would enjoy knowing that the V1200 blender is now at $499.99….$130 off the Vitamix direct price.
For most stores, this is the last sale of the year on Vitamix, so if there is a roadshow near you, now’s the time.
FYI, I am a Vitamix rep and am at the Gaithersburg MD store through November 7. Come on by and say hello!
Hi, Good luck.
Vitamix is one product that I ask everyone to buy. And you must use it often. I use Vitamix twice a day, especially right before the dinner.
Good luck and be safe.